Herbed pork meatballs with cheesy polenta
1 large, finely chopped
1 stick(s), finely chopped
1 medium, finely chopped
3 clove(s), finely chopped
2 tablespoon(s), level
1 can(s), large, chopped
Extra Lean Pork Mince (5% fat), raw
60 g, finely grated
2 tablespoon(s), leaves picked and finely chopped
½ zest(s) of 1, finely grated
- Heat the oil in a large pan set over a medium heat, then cook the onion, celery, carrot and 2 of the garlic cloves, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the tomato purée and cook, stirring, for another minute. Add the tomatoes and 125ml water and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the mince, 2 tbsp of the parmesan and half the parsley in a medium bowl. Season well then roll into 12 equal meatballs.
- Add the meatballs to the tomato sauce and cook for 15 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked and the sauce has thickened
- Meanwhile, bring 1 litre of water to a boil in a large pan set over a high heat. Gradually add the polenta in a steady stream and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until soft and creamy. Remove from the heat, season to taste and stir in the remaining cheese
- Combine the lemon zest and remaining garlic and parsley to make a gremolata. Serve the meatballs alongside the polenta with the gremolata scattered over the top