Hash brown traybake
Egg, whole, raw
7 medium, raw
Half Fat Cheddar Cheese
Plain White Flour
2 tablespoons, level
Calorie controlled cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Pile the grated veg onto the centre of a large square of muslin or clean tea towel, squeeze out any excess liquid, then put the veg into a large bowl. Lightly beat 1 of the eggs and add it to the bowl along with 75g of the cheese, and the flour and chives. Season to taste and stir to combine.
- Mist a 20cm x 30cm baking tray with cooking spray, then add the hash brown mixture and spread out into an even layer. Scatter over the remaining cheese and mist with cooking spray. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, mist a nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden, then transfer to a bowl and set aside. Wipe the pan clean, then mist with more cooking spray and fry the remaining eggs for 2 minutes, until the whites are set and the yolks soft.
- While the eggs are cooking, warm the beans in a small pan set over a low heat.
- Cut the hash brown into 6 pieces and serve topped with the fried eggs and a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper and chives, with the mushrooms and beans on the side.