- 800 g Potato(es), Raw, peeled and cut into chunks
- 500 g Salmon, grilled, 4 x 125g fillets
- 1 medium Lemon(s), finely grated zest and juice of
- 50 g Watercress, stalks removed
- 2 tablespoons Capers, in Brine, in vinegar, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons Skimmed Milk
- 50 g Medium fat soft cheese
- 1 pinch Salt, and black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 portion(s) Watercress, (a few sprigs) and lemon wedges, to garnish
Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 20-25 minutes, until tender.
When they have been cooking for 15 minutes, preheat the grill. Arrange the salmon fillets on the grill rack and sprinkle the lemon juice over them. Season with black pepper. Grill for 6-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets, until the fish is cooked. The flesh will be opaque and should flake easily.
Drain the potatoes thoroughly and let them stand for a few moments to dry. Mash with a potato masher, then beat in the lemon zest, watercress, capers, milk and soft cheese. Reheat for a few moments, stirring constantly, or else the potatoes will burn. Season.
Serve the salmon with the mash, garnished with sprigs of watercress and lemon wedges.