Griddled pork steaks with mint & watermelon salad
Pork Loin Steak, Lean, raw
4 medium, trimmed of excess fat
Lemon Juice, Fresh
35 g, leaves, roughly chopped
4 slice(s), medium, (1 small watermelon, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes)
1 teaspoons, level, clear
2 teaspoons, level
Vegetable stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), crumbled
Calorie controlled cooking spray
- In a large non-metallic bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar and honey, and season to taste. Add the pork steaks and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours or ideally overnight.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the couscous, cumin seeds and stock cube, then cook to couscous pack instructions. Set aside to cool, then stir through the lemon juice and season to taste.
- In a serving bowl, mix together the watermelon and watercress and season to taste. Set aside.
- Set a griddle pan over a high heat and mist with cooking spray. Cook the pork steaks for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide the couscous and the watermelon salad between plates, then top with the pork steaks. Drizzle with any juices from the resting plate and serve.