Goan lentil dhal - Spice pots
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 large, finely chopped
Spice Pots Goan Blend
4 teaspoons, level
Split Red Lentils, dry
Reduced Fat Coconut Milk, Canned (7.7% Fat)
- Mist a nonstick pan with cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat, then slowly cook the onions for 10 minutes, or until soft and translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Then add the tomatoes and cook down for 2–3 minutes until dark and thick.
- Add the Goan spices with a splash of water. Mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils and coconut milk. Cook gently for 20 minutes, or until the lentils are still whole but tender – you may need to add a little boiling water if the mixture is too dense.
- Season to taste, then serve.