Goan beef curry - Spice pots
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 large, finely chopped
2 tablespoon(s), grated
6 clove(s), crushed
Beef Braising Steak, Lean, raw
Spice Pots Goan Blend
12 teaspoon(s), level
Reduced fat coconut milk, tinned (7.7% Fat)
1 handful serving
1 tablespoon(s), chopped
- Mist a nonstick pan with cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Then add the onions and cook for 10 minutes, or until soft and browning. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the meat and brown on all sides. Add the Goan spice and a splash of water, to stop the spices from burning and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and bring slowly to the boil. Cover tightly with a lid and reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 1 hour, or until the meat is tender.
- Just before serving blitz the cauliflower in a food processor, until its roughly the texture of rice. Transfer to a large microwavable bowl, cover and microwave on High for 5 minutes until tender.
- Season the curry to taste and serve with the cauliflower rice, garnished with the coriander.