3 - 6
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Take a look at the recipe for our gluten-free blue cheese gnocchi bake
400 g, King Edward, scrubbed
Egg yolk, raw
Gluten Free Rice Flour
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water for 25-30 minutes, or until tender. Drain and allow to cool. Peel the potatoes then transfer to a large bowl and mash until smooth.
- Stir the egg yolk and salt into the mash. Add half the rice flour and knead to combine, then repeat with the remaining rice flour until a soft dough forms.
- Lightly dust the work surface with rice flour. Halve the gnocchi dough, then roll each piece into a long sausage shape, about 2cm in diameter and 36cm long. Cut each length into 2cm-thick pieces – you should have 36 gnocchi.
- Using lightly floured hands, gently roll the pieces into small balls, then transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Using your thumb, roll each ball over the back of a floured fork to create a gnocchi shape, then return to the baking tray.
- In batches, cook the gnocchi in a large pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes, or until they float to the surface. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon.
Don’t overwork the delicate gnocchi dough – it could become tough and rubbery.