Frying pan chicken pie
Calorie controlled cooking spray
8 medium, halved
1 clove(s), finely chopped
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
4 medium, cut into 3cm chunks
250 g, chestnut, sliced
Dried Mixed Herbs
Plain White Flour
3 tablespoons, level
Chicken stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), to make 300ml stock
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
2 tablespoons, level
Jus-Rol Ready Rolled Light Puff Pastry Sheet
195 g, uncooked, (375g pack, only 195g used)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5. Put a medium nonstick ovenproof frying pan or casserole (about 20cm in diameter) over a medium heat and mist with cooking spray. Add the shallots and garlic, and fry for 2-3 minutes until just starting to brown.
- Increase the heat and add the chicken, mushrooms and mixed herbs to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Reduce the heat, sprinkle over the flour and stir to combine. Gradually stir in the stock, then simmer for 3-5 minutes until thickened.
- Take the pan off the heat, stir through the crème fraîche and season to taste. Cool slightly, then cover with the puff pastry sheet, trimming off and discarding the excess pastry.
- Make a small hole in the middle of the pie for steam to escape, then bake for 30-40 minutes until risen and golden, then serve.
- Serve with steamed sugar snap peas