Freekeh stir-fry bowls
Egg, whole, raw
4 medium, raw
Co-op Groundnut Oil
1⅓ tablespoon(s), 4 tsp
Sugar Snap Peas
Amoy Light Soy Sauce
Flying Goose Brand Sriracha Hot Chilli Sauce
- Put the freekeh, 625ml cold water and a pinch of salt into a small pan and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes, until the freekeh is tender but still has some bite. Drain, then rinse under cold running water and drain again.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and half the coriander. Season well.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick wok or frying pan set over a high heat. Add the egg mixture and swirl to coat the pan. Stir-fry for 1 minute, until set, then transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok then stir-fry the spring onions, garlic and ginger for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the sugar snap peas, broccoli and pepper to the wok and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes, until the sugar snap peas and broccoli are bright green. Reduce the heat to medium and add the freekeh and soy sauce. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes, until hot.
- Divide the freekeh stir-fry between bowls, top with the egg and scatter over the remaining coriander and extra spring onions. Drizzle over the sriracha, if using, then serve with the lime wedges on the side.