Filo egg baskets with fresh tomato pickle
90 g, 4 x 480 x 255mm
Egg, whole, raw
4 medium, raw
Calorie controlled cooking spray
White Wine Vinegar
Light Brown Sugar
- To make the fresh tomato pickle, heat the olive oil in a medium lidded saucepan and add the onion. Spray with the cooking spray and cook, covered, for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add the tomatoes, vinegar and sugar, then season. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down to low, part-cover the pan, and simmer for 10 minutes until the mixture has reduced and thickened. Set aside to cool while you make the filo baskets.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven180°C. Put one sheet of filo pastry on a work surface and cut into two, then cut each half into four equal squares and spray them with the cooking spray. Spray four holes of a deep muffin tin with the cooking spray. Stack four squares of filo pastry together, offset at angles, then gently press the stack into one of the holes to make a pastry case. Repeat with the remaining filo pastry sheets to make four pastry cases in total.
- Beat the eggs and milk in a jug until combined, then season. Carefullly pour the mixture into the filo pastry cases and bake for 18–20 minutes until risen and set.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, non stick frying pan, spray with the cooking spray and cook the mushrooms for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and fry for another minute.
- Serve the tarts with 1 tablespoon of the fresh tomato pickle, the garlic mushrooms and a sprinkling of parsley, if using.