Festive quorn fillet with orange
4 fillet(s), individual
50 g, finely chopped
4 teaspoons, level, slightly split
5 medium, juice of all and grated zest of one
Wholemeal bread, sliced
50 g, crusts removed
Light Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons, Or you can use balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F.
- Line a roasting tin with foil, bake fillets for 16 minutes.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in frying pan and sauté the onion until soft. Add cardamom pods, orange zest and juice, leaving back 4-5 tbsp of juice.
- Add the fillets, turn to coat each side with sauce. Pour in remaining juice if necessary. Set aside.
- Chop nuts and dill until fine, add breadcrumbs and mix.
- Heat remaining oil in frying pan, add breadcrumb mixture and stir until starts to become crispy.
- Steam root vegetables until soft. Mash well, add sufficient stock/cream to make a soft purée.
- To serve, place 3 good tbsp of the purée on each plate with a diagonally sliced fillet on top. Sprinkle with toasted crumbs.
- Remove cardamom pods from sauce, stir in sugar and pomegranate molasses. Heat briefly, pour round the fillets and garnish with dill.