Easy samosas - Spice pots
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 large, finely chopped
1 teaspoon(s), grated
1 clove(s), crushed
Spice Pots Goan Blend
3 teaspoon(s), level
400 g, peeled & cooked
Lemon Juice, Fresh
Peas, frozen, boiled
Ready rolled light puff pastry sheet
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, beaten
- Mist a nonstick pan with cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat, add the onions and cook until soft and browning. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Mix the Goan spices in a little water, add to the pan and cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Add the cooked potatoes, mashed up a bit or cut into small pieces. Then add the lemon juice and mix. Add the peas, season well with salt and leave to cool.
- Roll out the pastry to around 1cm thickness, then cut into 12 squares. Spoon 1–2 tbsps filling into each square and brush the edges of the pastry with water. Fold over to form a triangle, pressing firmly along the edges to seal.
- Mist a baking tray with cooking spray, then lay out the samosas, and brush them with the beaten egg.
- Cook at 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6 for 20 minutes until samosas are golden