Crunchy onion rings with buttermilk dip
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Plain White Flour
Asda Panko Breadcrumbs
Egg, whole, raw
1 large, raw
¼ teaspoon(s), level
Morrisons Garlic Granules
3 large, cut into 1.5cm-thick slices and then separated into rings
Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
1 clove(s), crushed
3 tablespoons, chopped
2 tablespoons, chopped
Rice Wine Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Mist a large nonstick baking tray with cooking spray.
- To make the dip, whisk together all the dip ingredients in small bowl until blended, then season to taste. Set aside to allow the flavours to meld.
- To make the onion rings, spread half the flour on a plate and all the breadcrumbs on a second plate. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, remaining flour, cayenne pepper and garlic so you have a smooth batter, then season.
- Coat the onion rings, five at a time, with flour. Dip them into the batter, letting any excess batter drip off, then coat with the panko breadcrumbs. Transfer to the prepared baking tray, then repeat with the remaining onions. Mist the rings with cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through, or until the onion is tender and the coating is crisp and golden.
- Serve the onion rings with the buttermilk dip on the side.