Crumpet French toast with turkey & tomato
Egg, whole, raw
2 large, raw
1 teaspoon(s), level, or thyme or oregano
1 pinch, freshly ground
Low Fat Spread
2 teaspoon(s), level
Turkey rasher, grilled
4 rasher(s), grilled
3 small, halved
- Heat the grill to high and line a grill pan with kitchen foil.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and dried herbs then season. Dunk the crumpets into the egg mixture, one by one, pressing down so the crumpets absorb as much egg as possible, then transfer them to a plate.
- Melt the spread in a frying pan over a medium heat. Working in batches, cook the coated crumpets for 2-3 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden.
- While the crumpets are cooking, grill the rashers and tomatoes (cut-side up and seasoned with freshly ground black pepper) for 3-5 minutes until cooked.
- Serve the crumpets topped with the turkey and tomatoes.