Crispy sesame tofu with kimchi
100 g, firm
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw
½ tablespoons, level
1 tablespoons, black and white
Calorie controlled cooking spray
¼ portion(s), medium
2 medium, trimmed and finely sliced
1 teaspoons, white miso paste
½ tablespoons, toasted
- Drain the tofu, then wrap it in kitchen paper and place between two plates. Weigh down the top plate with a tin and set aside for 15 minutes, then cut the tofu into 3cm cubes.
- Put the egg and cornflour into 2 separate small bowls. Combine the sesame seeds in a third small bowl. Toss the tofu in the cornflour, then the egg, then finally in the sesame seeds.
- Mist a nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium-high heat. Fry the tofu on all sides for a total of 5 minutes or until crisp and golden all over.
- To make the dressing, combine the miso paste, mirin, sesame oil and ½ tablespoon cold water in a small bowl.
- To serve, arrange the cucumber, kimchi and spring onions in a serving bowl, then drizzle over the dressing and toss to combine. Top with the crispy tofu and serve.