'Creamy' mushroom soup
Tesco Cauliflower Rice
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 medium, diced
4 clove(s), crushed
600 g, 450g chestnut mushrooms, 150g mixed, sliced
2 tablespoons, chopped
Vegetable stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), to make 900ml
- Put the cauliflower rice in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on High for 5 minutes.
- Mist a very large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and fry the shallots and garlic for 3 minutes. Add and 4 crushed garlic cloves for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fresh thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes, until any liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer one-quarter of the mushroom mixture to a blender, add the cooked cauliflower rice and 900ml stock and blend until smooth. Return to the pan of mushrooms and season to taste.
- TO SERVE Divide half the soup between 4 bowls and serve topped with extra thyme leaves.
- TO FREEZE Let the remaining soup cool completely, then freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost then reheat over a low heat on the hob until piping hot.