Cottage pie potatoes
800 g, 4 x 200g baking potatoes
Calorie controlled cooking spray
½ small, finely diced
1 stick(s), finely diced
Extra lean beef mince (5% fat), raw
Beef stock cube(s)
½ cube(s), 250ml
1 tablespoons, level
½ teaspoons, level
Semi Skimmed Milk
- Pierce the skin of the potatoes with a fork in several places, then put them on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 4 minutes, then turn the potatoes over and microwave for a further 4 minutes until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, mist a large pan with cooking spray and put over a medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Turn up the heat to medium-high, add the mince and cook for 5 minutes until brown.
- Stir in the stock, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce and thyme. Season to taste, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- reheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Slice the tops off the potatoes. Scoop the flesh out into a bowl, leaving the skin and a 1cm border of potato. Mash the scooped out potato with the milk and season to taste.
- Fill the potato skins with the mince mixture, then top with the mash. Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden, then serve.