Coconut-crusted cod fish fingers
White bread, sliced
75 g, torn into chunks
40 g, flakes
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Sweet potato, raw
600 g, peeled and cut into strips
Plain White Flour
2 tablespoon(s), level, seasoned
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, lightly beaten
500 g, skinless
Peas, fresh or frozen
Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Put the bread and coconut in a food processor and blitz until you have rough breadcrumbs. Spread them on a baking sheet and mist with cooking spray. Toast in the oven for around 10 minutes, or until lightly golden, then remove and set aside to cool.
- Put the sweet potato chips in a roasting tin and drizzle over the oil. Toss to coat, then bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, put the flour, egg and coconut breadcrumbs into three separate shallow bowls and mist a baking sheet with cooking spray. Dust each fish finger in the flour, then dip into the egg and roll in the crumbs to coat. Put the fish fingers on the prepared baking sheet and bake alongside the sweet potato chips for the final 15 minutes of cooking time.
- While the fish and chips are cooking, boil the peas for 3-4 minutes. Drain and return to the pan. Add the mayonnaise and season to taste, then lightly crush with a potato masher. Stir through the coriander.
- Serve the fish fingers with the sweet potato chips and peas on the side.