Chorizo-crusted cod with roasted cauliflower & potatoes
4 fillet(s), medium
65 g, sliced
1 clove(s), sliced
50 g, torn
½ zest(s) of 1
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
½ clove(s), crushed
½ zest(s) of 1
Lemon Juice, Fresh
½ tablespoons, chopped
New potatoes, raw
1 teaspoons, level
- Heat a dry frying pan over a medium heat and add the chorizo. Fry for 3-4 minutes, or until the chorizo releases oil and starts to crisp up. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then remove from the heat and let cool. While it’s cooling, tear the ciabatta into chunks and add to a food processor with the lemon zest and thyme, along with the chorizo and garlic. Blitz to a crumb then put in a bowl and season.
- Line a large airtight container with baking paper and put the cod fillets inside. Press the crumb onto the fish to form a crust.
- Preheat oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Put the new potatoes into a roasting tin, cutting any larger ones in half. Trim and cut the cauliflower into florets and add these to the tin. Drizzle over the oil and scatter over the fennel seeds. Season and roast in the oven until tender – 25-30 minutes. Add the cod to the oven after 5 minutes and cook for 18-20 minutes, until the fish is cooked through with a crisp and golden crumb.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon yogurt sauce, combine the yogurt into a bowl. Add ½ a garlic clove along with zest and juice of ½ a lemon and a handful of chopped parsley. Whisk together, then season to taste.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, stir in the spinach to wilt, then serve with the fish and yogurt sauce.