Chocolate cheesecake with cherry sauce
½ teaspoons, level
1 tablespoons, heaped
Low Fat Spread
Medium fat soft cheese
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons, level
WW Belgian Dark Chocolate Bar
2 sachet(s), standard
Egg white(s), raw
3 teaspoons, level
Calorie controlled cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Lightly spray a 20cm round sping-form tin with cooking spray. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Spread oats on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Process oats, cinnamon, honey and spread in a food processor until finely chopped and combined. Press oat mixture evenly over the base or prepared tin and refrigerate until cold.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat ricotta, cream cheese, yogurt, sweetener and cocoa until smooth. Beat in chocolate, sprinkle gelatine over 2 tablespoons of boiling water in a small heatproof jug. Stir with a fork until gelatine has dissolved and stir into the cheese mixture.
- Using clean, dry electric beaters, lightly beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into the cheese mixture. Then spread mixture into prepared tin. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight until set.
- Blend cornflour with 125ml water in a small saucepan. Add cherries and extra sweetener. Stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Refrigerate until cold. Sprinkle cheesecake with extra cocoa. Cut cake into wedges and serve with cherry sauce.