Chicken stir fry with cashew nuts
2 clove(s), crushed
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
500 g, excess fat trimmed, cut into 2cm cubes
Vegetable stock cube(s)
2 cube(s), dissolved in 300ml hot water
2 stick(s), trimmed, finely chopped
250 g, chopped
250 g, canned, drained
1½ tablespoons, level
Easy cook white rice, boiled
320 g, kept warm
50 g, roasted
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add chicken and stir-fry for 4 minutes or until brown.
- Add 240ml stock, soy sauce, celery, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Dissolve cornflour in remaining stock. Add cornflour mixture to wok. Simmer, stirring, until sauce thickens. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide rice among dishes. Spoon chicken mixture onto rice and sprinkle with cashews.