Calorie controlled cooking spray
Vegetable stock cube(s)
½ cube(s), vegetable
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
600 g, boneless, 4 x 150g
Medium fat soft cheese
100 g, (3 1/2oz)
2 medium, finely chopped
Chilli, Green or Red
1 teaspoons, finely chopped (optional)
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw
4 slice(s), thin , roast or boiled
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C. Spray a baking sheet with low fat cooking spray.
- Put the couscous into a heatproof bowl. Dissolve the stock cube in 200ml boiling water and pour over the couscous. Leave to swell and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the chicken breasts, well-spaced, on a large piece of cling film. Cover with a second piece of cling film. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, gently but firmly beat out the chicken breasts until they are about half their original thickness.
- Mix together the low fat soft cheese, spring onions and chilli (if using). Season with pepper. Spread over one side of each chicken breast, then cover this side with a slice of ham, trimming it to fit.
- Beat the egg with 2 tbsp cold water. Brush the ham and chicken with beaten egg, then coat in the cooled couscous. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is tender. Check with a sharp knife inserted into the thickest part – the juices should run clear. Serve with salad or lightly cooked fresh vegetables.