Chicken sausage & cherry tomato pasta
This no-fuss, flavoursome pasta dish makes a great choice for a family meal.
1 medium, thinly sliced
HECK Chicken Italia Chipolatas
10 sausage(s), grilled
Medium fat soft cheese
200 g, quartered
White pasta, dry
240 g, fusilli
2 teaspoon(s), level
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 clove(s), finely chopped
1 teaspoon(s), level
Chicken stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), to make 350ml stock
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the fennel seeds and toast for 1-2 minutes until they release their aroma. Remove from the pan and finely grind in a spice grinder or using a pestle and mortar. Set aside.
- Mist the pan with cooking spray and add the onion. Cook for 6-8 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Squeeze the sausage meat out of the casings and into the pan and break up with a wooden spoon. Add the ground fennel seeds and chilli flakes, then cook for 8 minutes until the meat is golden. Pour in 350ml stock and simmer for 20 minutes until the sauce is thick. Remove from the heat and stir through the soft cheese and tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta to pack instructions.
- Drain the pasta well and add it to the pan with the sausage mixture. Stir to combine and season to taste, then serve.