Chicken pesto pasta
If there's just the two of you then try this chicken pasta dish for dinner - you'll have most of the ingredients in your store cupboard.
White pasta, dry
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
1 zest(s) of 1
Olives, in Brine
Capers, in Brine
1 tablespoon(s), drained
10 sprig(s), fresh, small handful
- Put the pasta in the saucepan and cover with plenty of boiling water from kettle. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the onion. Heat the frying pan and spray with the cooking spray. Add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes while you slice the chicken breast into chunks. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring often. Finely grate the zest from the lemon directly into the frying pan.
- While the chicken is cooking, halve the tomatoes. Add them to the chicken after it has cooked for 5-6 minutes. Then stir in the pesto sauce, olives and capers. Add about 2 tablespoons of hot water from the kettle and squeeze in the juice from half the lemon. Keep warm over a low heat.
- Drain the pasta in the colander and return it to the saucepan. Stir in the chicken pesto mixture; then snip in about half the parsley using scissors. Heat for about 1 minute, stirring gently.
- Share the pasta between warmed plates and snip the rest of the parsley over the top. Season with black pepper and serve with the remaining lemon, cut into wedges, if desired.