Chicken pak choi bowls with miso dressing
1 zest(s) of 1
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
Rice Wine Vinegar
1½ teaspoons, level
Amoy Light Soy Sauce
- Put the lemon zest and peppercorns in a medium pan and fill with cold water. Bring the mixture to a simmer over a medium heat, then add the chicken, ensuring it’s fully submerged, and cook for 5 minutes. Cover with a lid, remove from the heat and set aside for 30 minutes to poach in the hot liquid until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the quinoa in a medium pan, cover with 300ml cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the quinoa is tender and all the water has been absorbed. Fluff up the quinoa with a fork and set aside.
- Steam the pak choi and mangetout in a steamer set over a pan of simmering water for 4-5 minutes, until just tender.
- While the vegetables are steaming, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients, then set aside.
- To assemble the chicken bowls, cut the chicken into thick strips. Divide the quinoa between bowls, then top with the chicken, steamed veg and carrot. Drizzle over the dressing and serve garnished with the sesame seeds.