Chicken Mango Curry
Coconut milk and mango give this chicken curry a delicious richness, without it feeling heavy.
Chicken Breast with skin, cooked
1 medium, finely chopped
1 teaspoon(s), level, lightly crushed
1 teaspoon(s), level
Curry Leaves, fresh
4 clove(s), chopped
1 tablespoon(s), finely chopped
Chilli, green or red
1 individual, deseeded, finely chopped
1 medium, peeled and diced
Reduced Fat Coconut Milk, Canned (7.7% Fat)
White basmati rice, boiled
Chicken stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), made with 250ml hot water
- Heat half the oil in a large nonstick pan, add the chicken and cook over a medium-high heat for 5 minutes until golden all over. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, add the onion and a good pinch of salt and gently cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a splash of water if it starts to catch. Add the spices, curry leaves, garlic, ginger and green chilli. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the mango and pour in the coconut milk and stock. Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice to pack instructions.
- Season the curry to taste and stir in the lime juice. Transfer to a large serving bowl and garnish with the extra green chilli, then serve with the rice.