Chicken Kiev traybake
Traybakes are brilliant for busy days, as they go from oven to table with minimal fuss, and leave less washing-up.
Medium fat soft cheese
2 clove(s), crushed
2 tablespoon(s), finely chopped
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
Plain White Flour
4 tablespoon(s), level
Egg, whole, raw
4 large, raw, lightly beaten
180 g, Panko
New potatoes, raw
500 g, sliced thinly
Calorie controlled cooking spray
½ zest(s) of 1
1 medium, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gar mark 6. Combine the soft cheese, garlic and parsley in a small bowl. cut a deep pocket into the thickest part of each chicken breast, being careful to not cut all the through. Spoon a quarter of the cheese mixture into each, then press the edges together to seal and enclose the filling.
- Put the flour, egg and panko breadcrumbs into a separate shallow bowls. Season the flour, then coat the chicken breast in the flour, then the eggs and finally the breadcrumbs. Repeat with the egg and breadcrumbs so that each chicken breast has a double coating of crumb, then season and set aside.
- Put the potato slices on a large baking tray in a single layer. Mist with cooking spray and roast for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken Kievs to the tray with the potatoes. Mist with cooking spray and bake together for 20 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes to the tray and bake for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the over and scatter over the zest.
- Serve the Kievs, potatoes and tomatoes with the beans and lemon wedges on the side.