Chicken katsu curry
Plain White Flour
Asda Panko Breadcrumbs
Egg, whole, raw
2 large, raw, lightly beaten
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
Calorie controlled cooking spray
70 g, wild
Pickled Sushi Ginger
1 inch slice(s), peeled and grated
1 clove(s), large, crushed
9 g, medium
Plain White Flour
1 tablespoons, level
Chicken stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), to make 400 ml stock
½ tablespoons, light
2 teaspoons, level, clear
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place a wire rack on top. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6.
- Put the flour, breadcrumbs and eggs into 3 shallow bowls. Put the chicken fillets between two pieces of nonstick baking paper and bash with a rolling pin until the chicken is about 1cm thick.
- Dip each of the chicken fillets in the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Mist a large frying pan with cooking spray and put over a medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook for 1 minute each side until golden, then transfer to the wire rack on the baking tray and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce. Mist a large nonstick pan with cooking spray and put over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes until softened, then add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the curry powder and flour and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in the stock, then add the soy sauce and honey, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until thickened. Allow the sauce to cool slightly, then transfer to a blender and blitz until smooth. Season to taste.
- Toss the rocket with the sushi ginger. Slice the chicken and serve with the sauce drizzled over, with the salad on the side.