Chicken & griddled veg sandwich with basil mayo
1 medium, cut into quarters
1 medium, thinly sliced
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
1 clove(s), crushed
Wholemeal bread, sliced
8 slice(s), medium
- Set a large griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Mist the pepper and courgette with cooking spray. Cook the pepper first, turning occasionally, for 10-12 minutes or until tender and lightly charred. Add the courgette and cook for the last 2-3 minutes. Wrap the griddled vegetables in foil and transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Lightly mist the chicken with cooking spray, season and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set aside on a plate to cool slightly.
- Combine the mayonnaise, basil and garlic in a small bowl, and season well. Thinly slice the cooked chicken.
- Unwrap the cooked veg, peel the skin from the pepper and discard. Thickly slice the flesh.
- Spread half the bread with the basil mayo. Top with the rocket, pepper, courgette and chicken. Finish with the remaining bread.