Calorie controlled cooking spray
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
600 g, boneless
2 medium, sliced
2 clove(s), chopped finely
100 g, sliced
1 medium, sliced
400 g, chopped
2 tablespoons, level
2 sprig(s), fresh, 1 chopped and 1 to garnish
Vegetable stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), chicken, made up with 300 ml (1/2 pint) hot water
1 pinch, or to taste
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/375°F.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Heat, add chicken breasts and sauté for 3 - 4 minutes on each side, until browned. Transfer to ovenproof casserole.
- Sauté onions and garlic in frying pan for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add to casserole with mushrooms, carrot, tomatoes, tomato puree and parsley.
- Pour stock into frying pan and bubble it up, stirring to absorb pan juices. Add to casserole and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook casserole for 1 hour, until chicken and vegetables are tender. Garnish with parsley.