Chicken breasts stuffed with spinach and red peppers
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
Sweet piquante peppers
1 g, use 80g, drained
8 leaf/leaves, plus extra to garnish
Bacon medallions, raw
Peppers, All Types
2 medium, deseeded and thickly sliced
Baby carrots, raw
300 g, halved
Sweet potato(es), raw
200 g, cubed
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C.
- Put the spinach into a colander and pour over a kettleful of boiling water to wilt the leaves. Run cold water through the colander to cool it, then squeeze the spinach tightly with your hands to remove the excess liquid.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into each chicken breast. Place 2 basil leaves in each pocket, then share the spinach equally between them. Cut the peppers into 4 equal pieces and share between the pockets. Close the pockets.
- Place the bacon medallions onto a work surface or chopping board and use the back of a knife to stretch them. Wrap one around each chicken breast to cover the filling and secure with cocktail sticks.
- Put the peppers, carrots and sweet potato chunks into a roasting tin or large shallow baking dish and add the olive oil, tossing to coat. Arrange the chicken breasts on top, then season with black pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for a further 20 minutes. Serve, garnished with extra basil leaves.