Cheesy pasta bake with butternut squash & sage
1 whole, medium, peeled and cubed
Vegetable stock cube(s)
½ cube(s), 150ml
1 teaspoons, level
¼ teaspoons, level, pinch
1 large, finely chopped
20 g, chopped plus whole sage leaves to serve
White pasta, dry
WW Reduced Fat Grated Cheese Mature
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the butternut squash. Cook for 12-15 minutes until tender, then drain well.
- Transfer the cooked squash to a blender and add the stock, paprika, nutmeg, chopped onion and garlic. Season to taste and blend until smooth. Stir the chopped sage leaves into the butternut squash sauce. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring another large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta for a couple of minutes less than the recommended cooking time. Drain well, reserving a cup of the cooking water.
- Put the pasta back into the pan and pour in the sauce. Stir to combine, adding a little of the reserved cooking water. Transfer to a large baking dish.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the grated cheese and fresh whole sage leaves. Sprinkle on top, then put the dish into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbling.