Cheesy courgette & tomato tian
1 medium, finely chopped
¾ teaspoons, level
400 g, halved
3 clove(s), thinly sliced
1 zest(s) of 1
650 g, green and yellow, cut into 3-4mm slices
2 tablespoons, thinly sliced, plus whole mint leaves for garnish
35 g, grated
Asda Panko Breadcrumbs
Calorie controlled cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 175°C, fan 155°C, gas mark 4. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan, add the onion and fry over a low-medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly golden. Stir in the ground coriander, tomatoes, garlic and half the lemon zest. Add 2 tbsp water, season well and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to soften. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer three-quarters of the tomato sauce to a bowl and set aside. Press down the remainder gently over the bottom of the pan. Layer a third of the courgettes on top in overlapping concentric circles. Sprinkle with a third of the mint and season. Repeat the layers twice more, then finish with the tomato mixture. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes, or until the courgettes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together the Parmesan and breadcrumbs with some freshly ground black pepper.
- When the courgettes are cooked, take the pan out of the oven and remove the foil. Sprinkle over the cheesy breadcrumbs and mist lightly with cooking spray. Return to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Sprinkle over the mint leaves and remaining lemon zest and serve.