Cheese & marmite English muffins
Plain White Flour
500 g, 450g, plus 50g for dusting
Dried baking yeast
Marigold Health Foods Ltd Vegan Engevita Yeast Flakes
WW Reduced Fat Grated Mature Cheese
Marmite Marmite Squeezy
Calorie controlled cooking spray
- Put 450g of the flour in large bowl with the salt, yeast and nutritional yeast flakes. Stir in the cheese and set aside. Warm the milk over a low heat until just below boiling. Remove from the heat; stir in the Marmite to dissolve. Set aside to cool to a temperature of 38°C.
- S tir 300ml of the milk mixture into the flour mixture until a dough forms. If it’s dry, add more milk, and if it’s wet, add more flour. Dust a surface with flour, then tip out the dough. Knead for 5 minutes. Mist the bowl with cooking spray, return the dough then cover and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour to double in size.
- Knock the dough back, then roll it out to a thickness of 1cm, then use an 8cm cookie cutter to stamp out 12 rounds, re-rolling the trimmings as you go. Scatter half the polenta on a sheet of baking paper. Put the muffins on top, and scatter over the remaining polenta. Allow to rise for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat 2 nonstick frying pans over a medium heat. Transfer 3 muffins to each pan, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Once golden on the bottom, flip the muffins and cook on the other side for 10 minutes, until the muffins sound hollow when you tap the base. Repeat with the remaining muffins.
- To freeze Freeze in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 4 months. Defrost at room temperature. To store The muffins will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.