8 - 9
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Baking a big batch of muffins in one go means you can eat what you want and freeze the rest – they’ll keep in the freezer for up to two months!
Tea, All Types
2 bag(s), Chai
Egg, whole, raw
2 medium, raw
White Self Raising Flour
3 tablespoons, level
- Preheat oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Line a 12-case muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the milk and the chai tea bags in a small saucepan on a medium heat. Gently bring to a simmer then remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, apple sauce and vegetable oil with a balloon whisk. Add the flour and mix together until just combined.
- Squeeze out as much liquid from the tea bags as possible then gradually mix in the flavoured milk, a little at a time, until fully combined. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until golden and risen.
- Remove from the oven and glaze with the honey while still warm. After 5 minutes, remove the muffins from the tin and leave them to cool completely on a wire rack.