Cauliflower & white bean soup with parsley pesto
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 large, chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
Vegetable stock cube(s)
2 cube(s), 1 litre stock
Cannellini Beans, cooked
1 can(s), large, drained
10 g, grated
Lemon Juice, Fresh
Wholemeal Pitta Bread
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C, gas mark 4. Lightly mist a large pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, until softened. Stir in 1 crushed garlic clove, then 1 litre vegetable stock.
- Remove a few large florets from a cauliflower and cut into 8 thick slices. Set aside. Add the remaining cauliflower, chopped, to the pan along the cannellini beans, drained and rinsed. Bring to a simmer, then cook, partially covered, for 10-15 minutes. Blend with a stick blender and season.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking paper, arrange the cauliflower slices and mist with cooking spray. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden. Place the walnuts on the tray and roast for the last 5 minutes.
- To make the pesto, cool the walnuts, then blitz with the fresh parsley, grated Parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice and 1 crushed garlic clove in a food processor. Thin with a little water, if too thick.
- Serve the soup topped with the pesto, roasted cauliflower and freshly ground black pepper. Serve each bowl with a toasted wholemeal pitta.