Carrot, tarragon & yogurt soup
This is a healthy cheap soup full of vitamins. It takes very little preparation and can be blended in a liquidiser for a smooth creamy texture.
500 g, scrubbed and chopped
Vegetable stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), 1.25 litres
1 medium, chopped
Lemon Juice, Fresh
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
- Put the chopped carrots, 1.25 litres stock, onion, 1 sprig of tarragon and seasoning into a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Strain the stock into a jug and reserve. Place the vegetables in a liquidiser or blender and puree until smooth.
- Return the carrot puree and stock back to the pan and stir until well mixed adding the lemon juice. Strip the leaves from the remaining tarragon sprig and stir into the pot.
- Reheat if necessary and divide between four warm bowls. Spoon the yogurt on top of the soup and serve.
Freezable, but omit the yogurt until reheating.