Caribbean prawn curry
Sweet potato adds colour and flavour to this tasty prawn curry, and also helps to thicken the sauce. Quick and simple, it’s perfect for a weekday meal.
Brown basmati rice, dry
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 large, thinly sliced
1 medium, deseeded and thinly sliced
Caribbean Mild Curry Powder
Sweet potato(es), raw
1 medium, peeled and sliced
Vegetable stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), 400ml
King Prawns, Raw
10 g, roughly chopped
- Cook the rice to pack instructions, then drain.
- Meanwhile, mist a large, deep pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Add the onion and pepper, and cook for 4-5 minutes until starting to soften. Add the curry powder and cook for another minute.
- Add the sweet potato, stock and thyme, and stir everything together. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until the sweet potato is cooked through. When the sweet potato is soft, mash a few pieces with the back of a fork to thicken the sauce.
- Stir the prawns into the curry and simmer for 3-4 minutes until pink and cooked through.
- Divide the rice between bowls, ladle over the curry, scatter over the coriander and serve with the lime wedges on the side.
Don’t fancy prawns? This curry would also work well with cod or salmon chunks.