Wholewheat spaghetti gives this frittata satisfying heft, making it a filling main course. Because of the richness of the bacon, a small amount goes a long way, adding little bits of meaty goodness in every bite.
Wholewheat Pasta, dry
240 g, spaghetti
Bacon medallions, raw
60 g, chopped
2 clove(s), finely chopped
Egg, whole, raw
8 medium, raw
25 g, grated
Calorie controlled cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. In a pot of boiling water, cook the pasta to pack instructions, then drain.
- Meanwhile, mist a large frying pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Add the bacon and cook for 5 minutes, until crispy.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the bacon. Add the garlic to the pan then reduce the heat and cook for 1 minute. Add the pasta and toss well then remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and 2 tablespoons of cheese, season with salt and pepper. Pour the eggs evenly over the pasta. Sprinkle over the bacon and the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, until the eggs are set. Cut the frittata into 6 wedges and serve.