Butternut squash falafel salad
2 clove(s), unpeeled
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 teaspoons, level
1 small, finely chopped
1 can(s), large, drained, drained and rinsed
45 g, wholemeal
5 sprig(s), fresh, roughly chopped
10 sprig(s), chopped
10 sprig(s), fresh, chopped
Chilli, Green or Red
½ teaspoons, level
½ teaspoons, level
White Wine Vinegar
Lemon Juice, Fresh
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
3 medium, grated
1 small, finely sliced
5 sprig(s), chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Make the falafels. Peel and cut the squash into cubes, then put it in a roasting tin, along with the garlic. Mist with cooking spray and season. Roast for 30 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, dry-fry the cumin and coriander seeds in a small frying pan for 2 minutes until they start to pop. Transfer to a spice blender or pestle and mortar, then crush to a fine powder.
- Mist the frying pan with cooking spray and fry the onion over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Put the roasted squash and the chickpeas into a food processor and blitz to combine. Transfer to a bowl, add the spice mixture, cooked onion, breadcrumbs and parsley, and combine. Shape into 12 patties and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Blitz the coriander, parsley, green finger chillies, garlic, ground coriander, ground cumin, white vinegar, lemon juice and yogurt in a food processor with a pinch of salt.
- Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and cook the falafels for 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through and golden.
- Make the salad: in a bowl, whisk together the molasses and lemon juice, then season well. Put the carrot, red onion and mint in a bowl, drizzle over the dressing and toss to combine.
- To serve, divide the salad between plates, top with the falafels and spoon over the sauce.