Broad bean falafel wraps
Broad beans, frozen, boiled
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 large, chopped
3 clove(s), crushed
1 teaspoons, level
½ teaspoons, level
240 g, drained and rinsed
Plain White Flour
3 tablespoons, level
Egg white(s), raw
1 individual, beaten lightly
WW White Wraps
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
2 portion(s), (a large handful)
12 sprig(s), (a bunch) roughly chopped
100 g, quartered
- Cook the broad beans in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and cool, then pop them out of their greyish skins to get about 200g beans.
- Mist a pan with cooking spray, add the onion and cook for 8 minutes or until soft, adding a splash of water if needed to prevent burning. Add the garlic and spices and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Tip the onion and spices into a food processor and add the broad beans, chickpeas, flour and egg white. Season, then process until the mixture forms a thick paste. Shape into 12 round falafels and chill for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Mist a frying pan with cooking spray and fry half the falafels gently for 3 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through. Set aside and repeat with the remaining falafels.
- Heat the wraps in the microwave for 10 seconds, spread the yogurt over each wrap and top with the spinach, coriander, tomatoes and falafel, then fold the wrap over. Serve immediately or wrap in clingfilm, chill and serve within 6 hours