Tesco Ingredients Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
Asda Udon Noodles
Beef stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), to make 1 litre stock
Asda Tamarind Paste
Blue Dragon Hot Chilli Sauce
Beef sirloin steak, lean, raw
2 tablespoons, roughly chopped
2 medium, trimmed and sliced, to garnish
1 tablespoons, toasted, to garnish
- Put the mushrooms in a bowl and pour over 500ml boiling water. Leave to soak for 5-6 minutes. Drain, reserving the soaking liquid, and chop any larger mushrooms. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles to pack instructions and heat the stock in a large pan. Stir the tamarind and miso pastes into the stock, then add the sugar and sriracha and bring to a simmer. Add the mushrooms and the reserved liquid and warm over a gentle heat.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Season the steaks to taste and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or to your liking. Transfer to a plate and set aside to rest for 5 minutes, then cut into 2cm-thick slices.
- Meanwhile, add the cooked udon noodles to the stock and heat through.
- Divide the bean sprouts between 4 large, deep bowls and ladle over the broth and noodles. Top with the sliced sirloin and serve garnished with the coriander, spring onions and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.