Baked French Toast
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1½ teaspoons, level
Low Fat Spread
WW Sliced White Danish Bread
Semi Skimmed Milk
Egg, whole, raw
3 medium, raw
1 teaspoons, level
Frozen Mixed Berries
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
- Heat the grill to medium. Mist two nonstick baking trays with cooking spray. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Spread the low-fat spread over each slice of bread, then sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the cinnamonsugar mixture over each slice. Transfer to the prepared baking trays and grill for 2–3 minutes or until golden and caramelised. Cut each slice in half on the diagonal.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5. Mist a shallow 1-litre baking dish with cooking spray and arrange the toast in two rows, slightly overlapping, in the dish.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla extract and salt in a large jug, then pour the mixture over the toast. Leave to soak for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the rest of the cinnamon sugar mixture, then bake for 20–25 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Serve the toast with the berries and yogurt.