Asparagus, proscuitto & egg flatbread
Plain Soya Yogurt
White Self Raising Flour
80 g, plus extra for dusting
Gluten Free Vegan Basil Pesto
20 g, We used Scala, No 9 Free from Basil pesto
100 g, trimmed
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6, and heat a baking sheet until very hot.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt alternative, flour and a large pinch of salt until you have a soft dough. Shape into a ball.
- Put a sheet of baking paper on a work surface and dust with flour. Tip the dough onto the paper and form a teardrop-shape flatbread that’s 4mm thick.
- Spread the pesto over the dough and transfer (with baking paper) to the hot baking sheet. Top with the asparagus, mist with cooking spray and season well. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the asparagus is cooked through and the flatbread is golden.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pan of water to a boil, add the egg and cook for 7 minutes. Remove and plunge into a bowl of iced water for 2 minutes. Drain, then peel and cut into quarters.
- Top the flatbread with the prosciutto and egg, then cut in half and scatter over the pea shoots to serve.