Asian-style rice bowl
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 portion(s), medium, red, finely sliced
2 clove(s), crushed
1 tablespoons, grated
Rice Wine Vinegar
Sweet potato(es), raw
300 g, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
Brussels Sprouts, Raw
Brown Rice, dry
Egg, whole, raw
4 medium, raw
3 medium, finely sliced
- Heat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Mist a pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Add the red cabbage and cook for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar and star anise to the pan. Pour in a generous splash of water, cover and cook for a further 30 minutes, until the cabbage is just cooked, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, spread out the sweet potato pieces in a roasting tin, then mist with cooking spray and season to taste. Cook in the oven for 35 minutes, turning halfway through. Put the sprouts in another roasting tin and add to the oven for the last 20 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Cook the rice to pack instructions.
- Put a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, mist with cooking spray and crack the eggs into the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until done to your liking.
- Divide the rice between 4 bowls then top with red cabbage, sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Top each bowl with a fried egg, then scatter over the spring onions to serve.