Asian-style grain bowl
Brown Rice, dry
2 portion(s), medium, finely sliced
1 tablespoons, grated
Rice Wine Vinegar
Sweet potato(es), raw
300 g, cut into 2 cm pieces
Brussels Sprouts, Raw
Egg, whole, raw
4 medium, raw
- Heat the oven to 200/180 fan. Mist a saucepan with low calorie spray and add the finely sliced red cabbage and cook for 10 minutes with a lid on then add the garlic and ginger with the soy sauce, rice vinegar and star anise. Add a generous splash of water and cook with the lid on over a low/medium heat for a further 30 minutes, until the cabbage is just cooked, stirring regularly.
- Mist the sweet potato wedges with low calorie spray and seasoning on a roasting tray and cook for 35 minutes, turning half way through. Place the brussels sprouts on another roasting tray and add to the oven for the last 20 minutes, until just cooked through
- Meanwhile, cook the brown rice to pack instructions.
- Mist a wide non stick pan over a medium heat and crack the eggs in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, until just cooked.
- Divide the rice between 4 bowls then top with red cabbage, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts and finally an egg on top of each then top with the spring onions.