Asian-style beef with stir-fried veg
Beef rump steak, lean, raw
Lime Juice, Fresh
1 medium, cut into wedges
Light Brown Sugar
Thai Fish Sauce
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 clove(s), chopped
1 tablespoons, finely chopped
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, deseeded and diced
200 g, 1/2 head, cut into florets then halved
250 g, shiitake, larger one, halved
1 individual, Chinese lettuce head, cut into 2cm slices
2 medium, trimmed and sliced
20 g, roughly chopped
Dry Roasted Peanuts
1 serving(s), chopped
- Put the steaks in a bowl with half the lime juice, the sugar and half the fish sauce. Mix to combine and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Mist a large wok or frying pan and a griddle pan with cooking spray and heat both over a high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute, adding a splash of water to the pan if it starts to stick.
- Add the broccoli and mushrooms, then cook for 6-8 minutes. Add another splash of water if needed.
- Meanwhile, griddle the steaks for 23 minutes on each side for rare; 3-4 minutes for medium; or 5 minutes for well-done. Transfer to a board, let rest for 5 minutes then cut into thin slices.
- Add the lettuce to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute, then stir in the remaining fish sauce, the soy sauce, spring onions and most of the coriander.
- Divide the veg between plates and top with the steak, peanuts and remaining coriander. Serve with the lime wedges.