Slow-cooker simply delicious lasagne
500 g, button, sliced
270 g, leaves
Extra lean beef mince, raw
1 small, chopped
2 clove(s), large, crushed
Canned diced tomatoes
1 400g can, (1 x 400g can)
1 can(s), (1 x 410g can)
Dried chilli flakes
Reduced-fat ricotta cheese
1½ cup(s), (360g)
Light mozzarella cheese
1 cup(s), grated, (120g), grated
Grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup(s), (20g)
½ cup(s), leaves, thinly sliced
Wholemeal lasagne sheet
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, stirring, for 6 minutes or until golden. Add spinach in batches. Season with salt and cook until just wilted. Transfer spinach mixture to a sieve and stand over a large bowl. Discard liquid.
- Lightly spray same pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook beef, onion and garlic, stirring to break up lumps, for 5 minutes or until mince is browned. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato puree, oregano and chilli flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta, 1/2 cup (60g) mozzarella, 1½ tablespoons parmesan and ¼ cup basil in a medium bowl.
- Spread one-third of beef mixture in the base of a 4.5 litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Break 3 pasta sheets in half and arrange over beef, breaking to fit as needed. Scatter one-third of mushroom mixture over pasta and top with half the ricotta mixture. Repeat with a layer of half of the remaining beef and remaining 3 pasta sheets. Top with remaining mushrooms, ricotta, beef and mushrooms.
- Cook, covered, on low for 4 hours or until pasta is tender when pierced with a knife. Uncover and turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and parmesan over lasagne. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining basil to serve