Chicken and mushroom stroganoff with brown rice
Brown rice, dry
Skinless chicken breast
500 g, thinly sliced
1 medium, thinly sliced
2 clove(s), crushed
200 g, Swiss brown, sliced
100 g, button variety
Beef stock cube
½ individual, to make 1 cup (250ml) stock
Light sour cream
⅓ cup(s), (85ml)
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tbs, chopped, plus extra to serve
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Cook rice following packet instructions. Cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a large, deep non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Stir-fry the chicken for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Lightly spray the same pan again with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly golden and tender.
- Add flour and paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in stock and Worcestershire sauce and bring to the boil. Return chicken to pan. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through. Stir in sour cream and parsley.
- Meanwhile, steam or microwave spinach until just wilted. Sprinkle extra parsley over stroganoff. Serve with rice and spinach.