Three healthy habits that can grow your Points Budget
Life is complicated - losing weight shouldn’t be. We’re simplifying the program.
We have simplifed our proven program to make it easier for members to follow to achieve their weight loss goals.
In life, no two days are the same and our program is built to support your lifestyle and work around you, not the other way around. For the first time EVER (and a first in the weight-loss industry) you can add Points and watch your Budget GROW in not one, not two, but three ways on the NEW PersonalPoints Program!
By eating non-starchy veggies, reaching a daily water goal and moving your body, you’ll add Points to your Budget simply by creating healthy, sustainable habits - all while losing weight.
You might be thinking this all sounds too good to be true. So what’s the catch? The good news is there isn’t one (we promise)! We explain how it works.
Behaviour change science and healthy habits
Behaviour change science tells us that when we receive positive reinforcement for doing something, we’re more likely to repeat it. And you guessed it - repetition is what creates habits, which in turn boosts weight loss success. Also, focusing on day-to-day behaviours that improve wellness will make them start to feel like something you want to do, instead of just something you have to do.
It’s all about flexibility so you never miss out
Now, your daily and weekly Points Budget is just the starting point! You’ll never have to worry about running out of Points on your personal plan because there’s always something healthy you can do to grow your Budget - giving you complete flexibility to enjoy that extra glass of wine and cheese on Friday night, or that slice of cake at a birthday celebration. On WW you never have to miss out on life’s celebrations.
But will I still lose weight if I can add Points to my Budget?
Our new algorithm has created a plan that ensures you can have your dailies, weeklies, ZeroPoint foods, plus your added Points and still lose weight. We’ve done the math on our end so you’ll never get more Points than you burn! Rest assured: we’ve tested our new PersonalPoints Program with clinical trials and thousands of members who are losing weight and feeling great.
Three ways to grow your Budget
1. Eat non-starchy veggies.
For every serve (1 cup) you eat, 1 PersonalPoint will be added to your daily Budget. The best part? There’s no limit to how many Points you can add each day!
Why are veggies important? Non-starchy veggies are loaded with vitamins and minerals like potassium, vitamin A and vitamin C. PLUS they’re low in fat, kilojoules, and are a great source of fibre and water - all of which can help slow digestion to keep you feeling fuller for longer, which is a real bonus when trying to lose or maintain your weight.
Tips to grow your non-starchy veggie Points:
- Grate veggies like zucchini or carrot into mug muffins, pasta bolognese or frittatas - you won’t even notice they’re there
- Enjoy a cup of cucumbers for a refreshing mid-meal snack
- Toss a cup of baby spinach in your scrambled eggs
2. Reach a daily water goal.
Drink 1.75L (7 cups) of water each day and you’ll add 1 PersonalPoint to your daily Budget (limit 1 per day).
Why is water important? Water is essential for our health and wellbeing. It helps our entire body function at it’s best - from regulating body temperature, supporting digestion and optimising brain function. Plus, downing that H20 means you’re less likely to have sugary drinks like juice and soft drinks, which may help you stay within your Budget.
Say yes to H20 by:
- Adding a splash of flavour. If you’re not a fan of plain water, dress it up with fresh fruit and herbs e.g. strawberries, lime and basil or pineapple, mint and cucumber. You can thank us later.
- Investing in a reusable water bottle. This is a great way to keep you sipping all day long. You’ll have reached 7 cups before you know it.
- Set reminders. Whether it's on your phone, work calendar or Smartwatch, this is a simple, effective way to keep your water intake front of mind.
3. Move your body.
Keeping active and moving more will add Points to your Weekly Budget. Note: The number of Points for activity depends on the activity as well as your age, height, sex assigned at birth and weight.
Why is movement important? Physical activity is one of the most important things you can do for your health. From improved mood, self esteem and a lower disk of chronic disease - the benefits of regular movement are endless. Also, science shows that regular activity paired with healthier eating habits leads to 20% more weight loss! Need we say more?
Three ways to move more:
- Boost your incidental movement: “Activity in disguise” like cleaning, taking the stairs or walking the dog all counts towards adding Points to your weekly Budget.
- Try a guided workout: obè Fitness has a wide variety of instructor-led cardio, yoga, Pilates, and stretching workouts— all available on the WW app!
- Find an activity you enjoy: This way, you’re more likely to stick with it, and be consistent with it in the longer term.