Peri peri chicken burger
Peri peri seasoning
Skinless chicken breast
500 g, (buy 2 x 250g), halved horizontally
Whole grain bread roll
4 individual, (4 x 50g), split
99% fat-free, plain or natural yoghurt, unsweetened
⅓ cup(s), (80g)
8 individual, baby leaves
2 medium, thickly sliced
½ medium, thinly sliced into rings
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Place 3 teaspoons of peri peri seasoning in a shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Lightly spray a non-stick grill pan or barbecue with oil and heat over medium–high heat. Cook chicken for 3–4 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover chicken with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add rolls, cut-side down, to pan or barbecue. Cook for 1–2 minutes or until lightly charred.
- Combine yoghurt and remaining peri peri seasoning in a small bowl.
- To serve, layer lettuce, tomato, onion and chicken over roll bases. Drizzle with peri peri yoghurt and cover with roll tops.